CarPlay Uber Driver on CarPlay?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by brian3uk, Sep 18, 2018.

1. brian3uk macrumors 6502

What do you guys think the possibility is of getting Uber Driver in CarPlay? Since it’s mostly a navigation app I wonder if Apple would approve it. I just started delivering food with Uber and it’d be so nice to use the CarPlay interface than an awkward phone mount and little iPhone screen. Probably much safer too.

2. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

I guess you'd be better off suggesting this to Uber - San Francisco based - than Apple (or Macrumors readers) but it does sound like a sensible idea to me. FWIW, I work for an outfit that helps Uber drivers with all sorts of stuff in the UK and I've raised this with my contacts at Uber London - they may feed it back to Uber SF.

3. brian3uk thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks. I did ask them about it but haven't heard back, so I figured I would just see what people here thought about it.

4. Peepo macrumors 6502a

iOS Developer Enterprise Program would work maybe.. Uber could write and distribute the app themselves to employees without needing to use the App store.

5. tromboneaholic macrumors 68030

tromboneaholic

How would it save Uber money, or make Uber money? That's the question you need to answer if you want them to do it.

6. tayloranna751 macrumors newbie

tayloranna751

Wow! That's a pretty much sensible idea to me. I hope Apple developer will focus on here soon...

7. PeteLP macrumors 6502

I don't know if it still does this, but the Uber app used to allow drivers to launch google maps or apple maps, automatically passing the address off to it. If it still does that you can do THAT from your phone after you pick up a passenger. Using google or apple over carplay for your main navigation

8. MrJeffreyGee macrumors regular

MrJeffreyGee

I agree... Uber Driver needs to add CarPlay functionality.