Uber noob in the house

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gonkboy, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Gonkboy macrumors newbie

Hey folks,
    I'm a Mac noob and have just bought a Macbook pro. For all 30 years of my life i've been a windows user but now i'm a mac man. However being such a noob does mean that i'm going to need some help from you good people. So please don't get upset by the onslaught of noob questions that is bound to come from yours truly.

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

*pops open a cream soda and reclines in chair*

Hit me.

3. Gonkboy thread starter macrumors newbie

I live in Korea and want to use the following site. www.keb.co.kr
    I go to the site choose the English language site and try to log in to my personal banking account. It then takes me to a page where I need to download a program. I download the program but when I open it all i get is a note full of nonsensical characters.
    Can you help with this international problem of mine?

4. trikky macrumors regular

My guess is when you're opening it, the default program is Text Edit or Safari or something. It may possibly be a PC based program only, too.

Follow the directions step-by-step on the Keb Bank site. If there's a technical or account holder help number or Email address, I would suggest you use that.

Good luck.

5. Mac-Michael macrumors regular

Are you downloading the Mac version? I think I found a link to it http://kebmac.banktown.com/download/index_en.html. You'd have to click on the red button to download it.
    It says it downloads a DMG file, which is a container like ISO. Once downloaded double-click to mount and open it. It will probably contain an application which you would copy to the Applications folder, usually there's a shortcut provided within the window. If it's a PKG, double click it to install. When done eject the DMG (make sure no icon is selected in the disk image, just click the background of the finder window and press CMD + E).

6. Gonkboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all for your replies. I downloaded the link to the mac program and downloaded it. I then tried to transfer money to my girl's account but it turns out I have to pay 5 bucks to activate the program. What a rip off. Anyway, thanks again for your help.