Ubiquity

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Signal-11, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

I just disabled this. I'm pretty sure its been the culprit in jacking up my FireFox CPU cycles. I wasn't doing anything with it anyway.

Are any of you using this? I just did a search for this and everyone keeps mentioning it as indispensable but no one seems to be doing anything with it. Okay, you can do some useful things with it if you primarily use Gmail through your browser. I use Mail.app and I don't use Craiglist much. What else can I do with it?

What am I missing? Is this really as indispensable as everyone's making it out to be?

Definitely cool though.

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

it used to drag the JS performance, but fixed when firefox 3.x beta was out.

i dont think its indispensable, as each addon has their own crowd.

what I do with it is

weather, calculator, pdf (on windows) making, mapping

if you want to install these resources for ubiquity, then there will be alot more you can do with it.

3. Signal-11 thread starter macrumors 65816

Signal-11

I don't know what was fixed, but any FF session with Ubiquity on my machines will slowly consume more and more CPU time over time. After 24 hours, FF will be eating 50% of a CPU. No pages loaded, no other plugins loaded.

I looked through those commands and I just don't see Ubiquity being all that useful as it is right now.