UbiSoft Shovelware at its best.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by JackAxe, May 31, 2008.

1. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

3. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

It probably was a DS game that they simply shoved onto the Wii. I guess this is what they meant by Nintnedo quality, but I guess they didn't get the memo that their crap isn't on par with anything Nintendo has ever produced.

<]=)

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

but I assume nintendo approves everything that goes on the wii ware store so if this does get released then technically it has met nintendo seal of approval. Scary :eek:

5. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

6. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

The game looks pretty good on that tv in the background. Maybe it's designed to be looked at and played from 20 feet away.

7. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Yeah, 20 feet, or scaled down to 1:1 pixels is what the game needs to look slightly worse than Nintendogs DS.

I looked at that image in Photoshop after posting it yesterday and realized it was a mock up, so I'm not sure where that actual image came from.

<]=)

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nintendo apparently lessened the quality restrictions some years back so they didn't have a repeat of the Cube.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well I guess that does explains the surge of pure dirge of games we have never heard of / or would ever want to play on Wii. I mean where do all those really ****** titles come from and who in their right mind is buying that crap.

Crap like...

The Dog Island, G1 jockey, Godzilla Unleashed, London Taxi Rush Hour, Classic British Motor Racing, Tamagotchi Party On!, POP, Kawasaki Quad Bikes, Victorious Boxers Challenge, Anubis 2, Rock & Roll Adventures, Chicken Shoot

Such low budget games of poor quality that they have a frickin nerve charging for them at all.

10. takao macrumors 68040

takao

hm about Godzilla Unleashed .. i haven't played it but isn't it one of the follow ups to Destroy all monsters melee ? i wouldn't quite call that shovel ware compared to the other stuff on the list
    it's unfortunate they screwed up the game though

11. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

The same scourge that vomited all over the PS2 have grabbed their puke and infested the Wii. They SUCK.

I didn't think UbiSoft would ever become a crapware leader, but they've managed to steal the crown from Data Design Interactive.

<]=)

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ you should have known all along. Didnt ubisoft publish Red Steel ;) he he

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

No different to how the PS2 was. Infact all my local GAME and Gamestation shops have pretty much just replaced the PS2 wall with the Wii.

14. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

15. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I was giving them some slack, since it was a launch-title, :) but since then, it's gotten WORSE. :eek:

<]=)

16. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

But they're putting out a new Prince of Persia and Beyond Good & Evil. Those are not crapware!!!

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

are any of them on wii :confused: But yeah - normally i don't think ubi are that bad at all. In fact they are one of the better publishers.

18. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

From what I can see, it looks alright to me! :D You get to make dogs slide around, what more could you want? ;) (Wait, is this the right game? It has dogs, anyway. . :p)

I used to love the original Dogz when they still made it for Macs. . ah, why did they never bring it back! *sniffs*

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Other shots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've seen worse games, and for it's demographic it looks like it could fit the bill. I'll never buy it or play it, and I assume neither will you Jack Axe, but that doesn't make it awful.

Besides it's got months left in development. Benefit of doubt until it comes out... at least it won't be as big a turkey as Haze ;)

20. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Here's more crap from UbiSoftz;
    [​IMG]

Is that Nintendo-Like Quality? UbiSoftz offers promise to the other consoles while vomiting all over the Wii. As it stands, they lied to the Wii community last year while taking advice form some very dumb analysts.

I'll take the turkey that is Haze over their vomitzzz, at least Haze showed a bit more thought and wasn't developed by in-turns. UbiSoft seems to have confused casual gamer with a 9 year old girl, while completely ignoring the fact that quality core games sell just as well on the Wii as they have on other consoles.

If UbiSoftz didn't treat the Wii as a dumping ground to make a quick buck and at least worked on some original quality titles, then I personally wouldn't care about the shovelware, but as is, that's all they offer on the Wii.

I noticed that BG & E sold best on the Cube last time around, so why isn't UbiSoftz working on a Wii version for the sequel? I'm guilty of not playing the first, but my friend did so and has been trying to get me to play it for years now. Needless to say he's bummed about UbiSoft's asinine decision.

<]=)

21. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

THAT GAME LOOKS FRIKEN AMAZING!!!!!!

I kid, I kid :D.

What ever happened to Red Steel 2? The first one was Ok and I was hoping the second would fix some of it's problems. Did they throw it out so they could make more babysitting simulators? For some reasons that's sadly believable.

22. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

UbiSoft doesn't follow any logic. Even though the undercooked Red Steel sold over a million copies, they've come to the conclusion that all Wii owners are little girls. :eek:

<]=)

23. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

...When was that photo taken? I swear I was standing outside of the room at the time. I was in that room earlier in the day, then left, and ran into Miyamoto as he was leaving. That was E3 2007, last year, in Santa Monica on the last day of E3. He was wearing the same clothes, too. And Eiji Aonuma was with him, just like in that picture.

Proof:

[​IMG]

Right outside that room.

About 7 hours later on the same day:
    [​IMG]

Different outer shirt but same inner shirt. Aonuma's wearing the same thing.

If that picture was indeed taken minutes after I met him, it's possible that this was all under NDA and they just now released months-old photos. Maybe the game will look better? Ugh.

EDIT: Hmm, I think the pic is Photoshopped. Look at the TV very carefully...picture doesn't have the appropriate glare. But it WAS taken in the Ubisoft booth at E3 2007 and I was standing outside of the room at the time. :D IIRC Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 was on the TV.

24. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I realized right after I post it, that it was a mock up and replied to Antares about it.

Well, I know where it came from now. RRR 2 was crap, so I can see why they wouldn't be smiling.

<]=)