UBMBP About To Die?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AppleUser2, Jun 11, 2009.

1. AppleUser2 macrumors member

My first post so apologies if I don't get everything right (detail and/or not searching properly for a previous answer):

I have been having a problem with my Superdrive for a couple of weeks. Well after tring a PRAM re-set and doing the battery power thing the fix that eventually worked was a safe boot. This fixed the Superdrive and another problem.
    Every day that went by with no problems gave me more confidence that all was ok but it has just happened again and both error messages are back:

There was an error while scanning for Serial-ATA devices.

No burning device was found. If you are using an external device please make sure that it is connected and powered properly.

Originally I spoke to someone in Apple Regent Street London and they said make a quick appointment with a genius as the hard drive might be about to go however they had no appointments for a week. He also agreed that my keyboard looked too worn and it should be replaced.

So - any last minute tips on fixes please to hard drive and superdrive before I go to an Apple store in the next few day - I'll leave the keyboard to them.
    As you can see from the topic title I do wonder if something else is going on here with another component(s) and am a bit worried that major work maybe required here.

Thanks

2. AppleUser2 thread starter macrumors member

Anyone please? I have a genius appointment on Sunday but if I can go with some knowledge of these error messages then that would help.

Thanks