Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

P90Xfit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
Why are key always on? Is it to dark in my home? Any way I could change the settings? Thanks guys, I know I'm asking a lot of questions, and I'm sure if I look a little harder I could find the answers but, I have no luck doing things like that. So thanks for your help.

P90Xfit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
No one? just need to know how to set it. :eek: I'll keep looking though.

P90Xfit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
No no, the sensor seems to be sensitive or something. the keys are always on, even when the light is bright in the room.

Markov

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2007
Philadelphia
Turn off the ambient sensor if the phototransistor is too sensitive. Under system preferences, keyboard and mouse (as mentioned above). You can use your keyboard to toggle it on and off. I have the old style mbp, the keys are F1 and F2.

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
Turn off the ambient sensor if the phototransistor is too sensitive. Under system preferences, keyboard and mouse (as mentioned above). You can use your keyboard to toggle it on and off. I have the old style mbp, the keys are F1 and F2.

You mean F5 and F6? F1 and F2 are for the screen brightness...

Trix

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2009
Backlight always on = more battery drain.

It should have the ability to be turned off until you depress a key, correct? Similar to on cell phones, the keybord lights up when you hit a key.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.