Ubuntu Feisty Download?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AppleGuy08, Apr 20, 2007.

1. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

Arrrgh, I dont know why this is, but i have tried to download the 7.04 feisty fawn live cd for PPC but every mirror i try doesnt work! it just says server not found. Anyone knows whats up?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I was curious about this and I did some digging....

Ubuntu 7.04 PPC is going to be unofficial -- they're dropping PPC from their official development program beginning with this version. I think they haven't updated their page yet to take the 7.04 off the official distribution page, though, which is why you still see a link, but it leads nowhere.

I think you want to get it from this page, instead:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ports/releases/7.04/release/ubuntu-7.04-desktop-powerpc.iso

(note the "ports" -- as opposed to, in the past, PPC not being considered a ported platform)

EDIT: Or, of course, you can use the torrent. :eek:

3. janey macrumors 603

janey

feisty ppc is no longer official, so i had no idea it was even available for download.

edit: dangit, mkrishnan beat me ;)[/url]

4. AppleGuy08 thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

ah i was just on that site, no ppc download. The torrent worked great. I dont know why i didnt think of that. Too bad it doesnt work with windows vista, or does it?

Thanks again!

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What do you mean by work with Windows Vista? Do you mean the Ubuntu-in-image thing?

BTW, regarding the PPC link I displayed, I'm trying to download from it right now. It's working, albeit slowly.

6. AppleGuy08 thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

yah, after i got the feisty beta, i read on the ubuntu website that it was not yet operational with Vista (it would not boot from disk) so im just curious if they fixed that problem. id love to put it on my dell