Ubuntu on Macbook Issues

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by butchseaman, Jul 22, 2010.

1. butchseaman macrumors member

butchseaman

I have installed Unbuntu on my mac book and I am having issues getting the video to work properly. I expect I am not the first for this issue and there are probably other issues I have not even found to date. Please see attached image and suggestions if you have any.

Thanks
    Butch Seaman

Attached Files:

2. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

That's not a Macbook.

3. blunderboy macrumors 6502

That's an iBook G3, not a MacBook. "MacBook" specifically refers to Intel Macs released after 2006.

4. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

For starters, it would help to know which version of Ubuntu you're using. Also, what other issues are you having? Does the sound, wireless, bluetooth, trackpad, etc work?

5. butchseaman thread starter macrumors member

butchseaman

Ok... I have an ibook I am trying to get ubuntu 10.4 to work. The screen is as seen in the image... half a screen and the wifi does not work either. Please any information would be helpful.

6. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

7. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I'm not familiar with Ubuntu but that does look like some type of display driver issue. It looks like it's set to 800x600 resolution and isn't scaled properly. Go into your system properties(?) and select display and change the resolution to 1024x768. That's the native resolution of the iBooks.