Uconnect and iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AngusW, Nov 13, 2014.

1. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

Ok so there have been multiple threads about similar issues but it seems I can't make a call on my Uconnect in my Jeep Compass 2012 from my iPhone 6 Plus. The call will start then the bluetooth connection drops. However I can play my music via bluetooth with no trouble. Has anyone had that issue?

2. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Happened to me the other day in a Jeep ZipCar. Must be an iOS 8 issue. Couldn't make or take calls. BT audio was super buggy.

3. AngusW thread starter macrumors 6502

AngusW

Audio isn't buggy and I can take calls it's just placing them seems to get all wonky.

4. Clevans macrumors regular

It's working fine in my 2014 Jeep Cherokee on 20 minute + phone calls that I place on my way home from work

5. Johnboy7701 macrumors member

My 2012 Ram with uconnect doesn't work well with the iPhone. My note 3 worked much better and could use the voice controls with no issues. Wish they would fix something or update the software in my truck.

6. InsideTJ macrumors regular

The only issue I've had with uconnect/iphone 6 is that Siri does not work through the cabin mic. Normal voice for calls and system setup works, but when Siri is activated, the mic is not heard.

However, someone on a jeep forum has a fix. It's a firmware patch for the uconnect module (separate from the head unit). He charges $20 for it. I did it and it works great on my 15 wrangler with uconnect and the 130 radio.

Aside from this, my bluetooth/USB connection for basic functions worked fine out of the box.

7. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

Strange. I have a 2012 JGC and no issues with my 6+ with either streaming or placing calls.