iPad Pro Udacity nanodegrees doable on the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ssong, Feb 4, 2016.

1. ssong macrumors 6502a

ssong

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the nanodegrees offered by udacity and whether they think it is possible to follow it purely on an iPad? I'm hoping to do the data analyst nanodegree and was wondering if apps like coda are enough to satisfy their requirements. Thanks in advance!

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

3. ssong thread starter macrumors 6502a

ssong

I did.. It's just that some programs require extra software requirements that normally say, pc or Mac.
    • You have access to a computer with a broadband connection, on which you’ll install a professional code/text editor (ie. Sublime Text or Atom) and programming languages like Python and R and associating data science libraries.
    This is from the data analyst page. I know that this would ideally mean computer, but just wondering if anyone knows or tried it with an iPad.

4. Night Spring, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016

Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I'm more concerned about their requirements for a desktop browser.

That sounds to me like a desktop browser is required to do their coursework. That some of their coursework may be doable from their mobile app, but not all. That'd be the first thing I'd check before tying to figure out whether any of the iOS coding apps are robust enough to fulfill their course requirements.

EDIT:
    I just found they have this readiness assessment thing.
    https://www.udacity.com/course/viewer#!/c-none/l-2364518584/m-3529558591

See if you can work through that from an iPad. Any iPad will do, as the iPad Pro is just a bigger iPad, so if it works on a regular iPad, it'll work on the Pro.