UDID are sellers conning people.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by U1cracka, Jul 4, 2013.

1. U1cracka, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013

U1cracka macrumors member

I have a question. All these people that are buying Udid to used with iOS 7 betas how do you know that your Udid is actually registered as a developer.

There are tons of people selling Udid's how do people know they aren't just cons taking there money and saying your Udid is registered.

Also I AM NOT LOOKING to buy a Udid so please don't send me links or saying you can sell me one.

2. jonnysods macrumors 601

jonnysods

You wouldn't be able to install iOS7 if they haven't registered you, that's how you know.

3. U1cracka thread starter macrumors member

I thought that the last 2 iOS 7 betas didn't need activation to install it. But newer betas might need activation and all these people would be stuck.

4. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

But that's the point exactly. You were able to install the first beta without being registered and it's no different with the second beta. Off it might change with coming betas...

5. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Exactly. So far, there's no need to have a dev account, to update to the beta. Something I'd have to assume Apple is aware of, and doing nothing to stop.

6. jonathan.c, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013

jonathan.c macrumors newbie

jonathan.c

You don't need a paid developer account to install the beta. However, restoring and installing a clean version requires a registered UDID. That is what people are looking for, hassle free clean iOS 7 installs.

I tried just updating iOS 6 to iOS 7 and it was buggier than clean iOS 7.

7. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

If you can restore using the beta and you don't get an error/activation message, it is registered...simple really

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If you are faking your way into a restricted program, you have no guarantees.

9. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

So whats the verdict? Going from IOS 6 to IOS 7 beta 3, do you need to register a UDID or not?

10. DcGamer05 macrumors regular

DcGamer05

If you doing upgrade from iTunes and no you don't need a developer account

11. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Does Apple have any mechanism for reporting develops that sell UDIDs?

12. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I have a question.

Why do you care? I've never seen the amount of butt hurt surrounding a beta release as I have iOS 7. You don't want registered developers to let others use one of the ONE HUNDRED slots they have available? Tough luck. It's not up to you.

Jeez.

Sent from my iPhone 5 on iOS 7

13. batting1000 macrumors 604

You don't need it activated to update but to restore to iOS 7, you need an activated UDID. This has been the case since iOS 5 and possibly before so I don't think Apple will suddenly do a UDID check.

14. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

This right here. There's no guarantees when buying something like this and no outlet for complaints.

Your best bet is feedback from other people.

15. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

Oh, jeez! This is like the time when the scalper tickets I overpaid for ended up being counterfeit. Why do bad things happen to such good, genuine people? :rolleyes:

16. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

Mine worked so now i dont need to worry about any security implementations in the coming betas :D its for people who dont want to be a developer but want to test out the new software

17. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

It's also for people who are quick to waste money on something you can do for free with half a minute of research.

18. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

i dont want to be worried about that i knew about the free way but if they make security changes a lot of people will be stuffed

19. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

And if your seller registers enough UDIDs to spike Apple's interest, you'll be "stuffed". Seems about as likely as a policy shift.