Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
How do I figure how the UDID for the apple tv (march 2012) model?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
How do I figure how the UDID for the apple tv (march 2012) model?

plug it into your mac/pc using a micro usb cable, make sure you dont have the power cable connected at the time, run itunes, when itunes is open than plug in the power cable and it should appear in your devices on the left side, no click on it and the summary page should show the UDID

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
plug it into your mac/pc using a micro usb cable, make sure you dont have the power cable connected at the time, run itunes, when itunes is open than plug in the power cable and it should appear in your devices on the left side, no click on it and the summary page should show the UDID

I believe the summary page show you the Serial number by default, if you click on serial number it will display the UDID.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
nothing seemed to work I tried iphone utility the apple tv dose not even show up on the computer?

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
nothing seemed to work I tried iphone utility the apple tv dose not even show up on the computer?

ok let's back track.,,

what is the state of your ATV? is it new? is it jailbroken?

what happen when you connect it to the computer? does it show up in iTunes?

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
non jailbroken when in itunes it says apple tv then restore but dose not show any udid options.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Ok I posted picture

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,014

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Ok I posted picture

How about in the configuration tool?

try:

1. Plug out all cables from Apple TV
2. Plug in only power cable
3. Wait until stop blinking(Yes, it’s normal boot process), then connect Apple TV to your MAC
4.Run iPhone configuration utility and click summary tab

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
This requires you have Xcode but:

Registering your Apple TV UDID
1. Plug your Apple TV (3rd generation) or Apple TV (2nd generation) into an AC power outlet and wait for the power LED to turn solid.
2. Connect one end of a micro-USB cable to the back of your Apple TV, and the other end to one of your computer's USB ports.
3. Launch Xcode
4. Navigate to the Xcode Organizer window and copy the UDID from the Identifier field.
5. Enter the UDID for your Apple TV into the devices section of the iOS Provisioning Portal

axambro

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
I believe the summary page show you the Serial number by default, if you click on serial number it will display the UDID.

I am trying to do the same thing. I got a standard iPhone USB along with the Apple TV which is confusing since there is no where to plug it in, so I could not complete the instructions you offered, which do make sense. Why am I stuck here?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.