Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by tbluhp, Jun 13, 2012.
How do I figure how the UDID for the apple tv (march 2012) model?
plug it into your mac/pc using a micro usb cable, make sure you dont have the power cable connected at the time, run itunes, when itunes is open than plug in the power cable and it should appear in your devices on the left side, no click on it and the summary page should show the UDID
I believe the summary page show you the Serial number by default, if you click on serial number it will display the UDID.
Tried that did not work
Should had worked, i've done it a few time, but i don't have a ATV wiht me at the moment, maybe it changed on latest itune.
You can try using the iPhone Configuration Utility, it is small, so just download it run it with the ATV connected to your computer and you should see the UDID
nothing seemed to work I tried iphone utility the apple tv dose not even show up on the computer?
ok let's back track.,,
what is the state of your ATV? is it new? is it jailbroken?
what happen when you connect it to the computer? does it show up in iTunes?
non jailbroken when in itunes it says apple tv then restore but dose not show any udid options.
Ok...when you click on the ATV on the right menu, you can see the summary page? Can you read the serial Number?
Check out this animation : http://whatsmyudid.com/
No I am unable to see serial number in itunes.
is the power cord connected?
is the ATV in restore or DFU mode?
what do you see? can you take a screenshot?
no dfu mode
Ok I posted picture
How about in the configuration tool?
1. Plug out all cables from Apple TV
2. Plug in only power cable
3. Wait until stop blinking(Yes, its normal boot process), then connect Apple TV to your MAC
4.Run iPhone configuration utility and click summary tab
On a related note: what's the news in iOS 6 for Apple TV?
This requires you have Xcode but:
Registering your Apple TV UDID
1. Plug your Apple TV (3rd generation) or Apple TV (2nd generation) into an AC power outlet and wait for the power LED to turn solid.
2. Connect one end of a micro-USB cable to the back of your Apple TV, and the other end to one of your computer's USB ports.
3. Launch Xcode
4. Navigate to the Xcode Organizer window and copy the UDID from the Identifier field.
5. Enter the UDID for your Apple TV into the devices section of the iOS Provisioning Portal
I am trying to do the same thing. I got a standard iPhone USB along with the Apple TV which is confusing since there is no where to plug it in, so I could not complete the instructions you offered, which do make sense. Why am I stuck here?
Maybe exist some way to know UDID without the cable?