UDID where?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jcdm, Jun 28, 2013.

1. jcdm macrumors member

I hope this question can be answered, I installed the beta 2 without having the UDID, now I want to register as a developer to. I need to go back to 6.1.4? Or I can stay with beta 2?

TIA

2. Prabas, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  3. batting1000 macrumors 604

No need to go back.

4. jcdm thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!!! Thats all i need to know :)

5. DanR16 macrumors member

Don't risk it, your much more likely to have problems downgrading and upgrading again than just leaving it.

6. gglittle, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013

gglittle macrumors regular

I liked the path that iOS 7 is following, and overall I like iOS7, however, it currently has issues with critical apps that I use and decided to bounce back to 6.1.4. The problem was NOT 7, but with applications that are not ready for the new APIs and methods in 7, emphasizing that is is a Beta for developers to use to terse those apps. To restore 6.1.4, I had to go to my iPhone portal in Xcode, and basically remove 7 from my iPhone 5. Once I did that and was able to restore to 6.1.4, I found that I had lost all of the data within my my data. Obviously I was able to restore the apps, but the histories and settings within the apps, such as over two months of listening history in Audible, was lost.

Just a caution … yes you can go back to 6, but at a cost.

7. joshforman macrumors regular

You probably could have saved that stuff if you had something like PhoneView or iBackupBot