Ue boom

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RobinHood5, Jan 11, 2014.

1. RobinHood5 macrumors regular

Oh my gosh! That's all I could say when I first heard it. I tagged along with my cousin on her trip to the verizon store and the salesman showed off this speaker to us. It filled the whole store with the new at the time song "Cruise". Ever since I have been finding a good time to get my hands on one. I work for the geek squad so I get the insane bestbuy discount (5% over cost!) which brings the speaker down from $200 to $130 ($140 with geek squad protection, which is actually worth it on these smaller devices!) so, I'm picking one up tomorrow and with some my bestbuy points I've got stored up from customer compliments it'll put it down to $100. I'll write more when I have it!

2. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I picked up the Bose Soundlink Mini over the UE Boom which I gave serious consideration to as well. In the end, the sound from the Bose was much "fuller" and made the Boom sound a bit tinny when directly compared to each other. The UE does have louder sound levels and some cool features like the iOS app that allows 2 Booms to work in stereo but overall in a direct comparison, I had to choose the Soundlink Mini over the Boom. Enjoy yours.