UE MetroFi 220vi vs. Klipsch S4i

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Surely, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Surely Guest

Surely

Thought I'd give this thread a try in this forum......

I currently own and use the Ultimate Ears MetroFi 220vi earphones and I'm thinking of buying the highly-touted Klipsch S4i earphones.

Does anyone have experience with both of these earphone models? Is there a point for me to get the Klipsch S4is? Is there a noticeable sound quality difference between the two sets?

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Before recommending anything please tell us how you will use these headphones. what do the plug into. What are you listening to. And also why you want to replace the current ones. Is this going to be used on an iPad or for mixing?

It's really a matter of taste and matching the product to intended use

3. Surely thread starter Guest

Surely

I'll be using them with my iP4 (and any future iPhones that may come out;)). I listen to many different genres of music....indie, rock, hiphop, classical, jazz, etc. Everything but country :p. I also listen to some spoken word podcasts, as well as live hockey games on TuneIn Radio.

I'd replace my current set of UEs only if the Klipschs are considered an upgrade. If they are better quality than the UEs. I'd keep the UEs as a backup set.

I will not be doing any mixing on the iPad.

Basically, I just want to make sure that before I spend money on new earphones, I'm not going sideways or down in quality. Amazon has them prices pretty low. However, if I won't notice a difference, I'd rather buy some Comply foam tips and continue using the UEs.