UEFA Euro 2016

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Fancuku, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Surprised that there isn't a thread for this yet especially as there are many European members here.
    Anyway, it starts today with France - Romania match. 0-0 at HT.

2. C DM, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016

C DM macrumors Westmere

Nor is there one for Copa America it would seem (with US playing and all, in particular).

3. Fancuku thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

No one cares about Copa America here. People only tune in the World Cup.

Anyway, France wins 2-1.

4. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Caught the Bolivia and Chile game in between paper work and a power nap.

5. the batman macrumors regular

6. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Germany beat Ukraine 2-0

I admit I had to google it this morning to answer a breakfast question because I could never sit for a 90+ minute game where people just run around on a field, it's almost as bad as baseball

7. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Germany and Poland are best so far. Germany always manage to pull it off for big competitions. As much as I would like England to do well not impressed thought Sterling was useless. Same strategy everytime get the ball run like hell down the wing and then give it away.

8. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Croatia? Didn't really thought about them (or anybody else tbh) beforehand but they could pull a real surprise this time - great team and Modric is on fire.

Seen every game so far, quite entertaining competition. Only North Ireland played bad / weren't up to the task. Refs are fine (contrary to what I read about the Copa..) too.

Germany was ok, don't agree with all the negativity here, Ukraine is a strong opponent and after roughly 15min of complete confusion in the first half we were strong at the back in the 2nd and could have scored more easily. Can't complain for a first game in the tourney. Kroos (and Neuer) is in brilliant form right now.

9. Fancuku thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Yes, it's been surprisingly entertaining so far, though I have to say that finishing has been bad. Also refs have done very well so far but some of the credit goes to the players too because they are making the refs' job easier.

10. markhort macrumors 6502a

markhort

Just let me say this first, I'm a massive football fan and love the World Cup and Euro's but so far I've found the games a bit boring, not sure if that's because I've been watching the games at home rather than down the pub.

Thought England played well and was unlucky. Italy and Croatia both looked strong. Wasn't all that impressed with France, Belgium were really quite poor. Spain can't score. I couldn't bring myself to watch the Portugal game tonight.

11. Fancuku thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

I disagree with you. The first round of group matches was very entertaining compared to previous tournaments. Even the smaller nations went for it. The scores have been low but it's because of the poor finishing.
    No team is unbeatable, that's for sure.