uestion about possible Monday iPhone release

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silentsal, Jun 6, 2009.

1. silentsal macrumors member

Before any one starts flaming...I did a quick search and did see this anywhere.

A while back I read that before any phone is released, we will see the document from FCC approving it. I was wondering how the new iPhone could go on sale if it hasn't been approved yet? Or could the FCC hold those records from the public?

Update...sorry about misspelling question in the title...I changed the words around and must have accidentally deleted the Q.

2. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Based on what I have read about this topic previously, Apple could tell the FCC to hold off on releasing this information. Also the new iPhone might not have needed to go through the FCC's approval since not a WHOLE lot has changed (well atleast I think).

3. gibbz macrumors 68030

I think the FCC approval is still required, exactly since things have changed and it is a new device.

Apple can request that the filing be withheld for a specified period.

4. silentsal thread starter macrumors member

Ok thanks for your quick reply. That makes sense now that you mention it.

I'm trying to get as much information as I can before WWDC and if they do release the phone. I have been holding off on upgrading for 5 months now in case they did release one. If they do release one...I think I may skip classes just to get it lol

5. newyorksole macrumors 68020

6. silentsal thread starter macrumors member

I personally don't think it will be...but I have been waiting for the iPhone for so long that I'm making sure I have every rumor I have heard covered so I can get it without having to wait.