UFC This weekend...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mr. Durden, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Jan 13, 2005
    Mixed Martial Arts is my all time favorite sport and this weekend the UFC has a PPV with 3 HUGE fights on it. Anyone else watching? I cant wait.

Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans - Im pulling for Forrest in this one. His last 2 fights have been epic with him being the underdog in both but he showed his heart a fought like a pit bull to win the both. Plus I've been a fan of his since the TUF show where he went toe to toe with Stephan Bonnar in the finale and pulled out a decision. This should be a heck of a fight.

Frank Mir vs. Nogueira - Im pulling for Mir in this one. He is a BJJ master and thats what I train in. Plus, I like the underdog/comeback angle... he used to be champ but got pretty seriously injured in a motorcycle accident and was supposedly never supposed to be able to fight again. His last fight he defeated the current champ, Brock Lesnar... Nogueira however, is a living legend and probably should win this fight. Great striker and great BJJ, too. Hopefully another big fight.

Wanderlei Silva vs. Rampage Jackson - Wandy "The Ax Murderer" all the way in this one. They have fought twice before and both time Wandy completely wrecked Jackson. Jackson has improved tremendously since then, but I still think that with their past history, Wandy continues the abuse.

So, anyone else watching this weekend? Thoughts? Ideas? Anything?
  2. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

Sep 23, 2005
    I'll be trying to catch the fight in a bar or something. I can't wait either. It's a stacked card. I'm rooting for Griffin, Nog, and it doesn't matter for Silva v. Jackson as long as it's savage.
  3. SBik2 macrumors 6502a

Jul 14, 2006
    my dad is taking me.. (for my 16th bday on the 28th =] )
    he got most of discounted thru mgm because of his players card status since he gambled quite a bit when our family was therfor thxgiving..

i can not wait, we leave friday morning for our flight :D:D:D:D