UFO sighting recorded with IPHONE 4

eddie714

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Thought you would find it interested that my iphone 4 came in handy tonight. i was in the living room at about 0000 hours when outside the window i spotted this blue light. i went outside to take a better look at it and also woke my sister up so she could take a better look. it was cool white color and had red lights on it as well. im probably the first to record a ufo with iphone 4. I am not saying this is a alien or anything like that. it was just something different that i cannot identify, hence UFO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ-UXoAPleI

ClutchThese

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Alexandria, VA
nevamind.

UFO always makes me think of Aliens and stuff....

i don't think an alien aircraft would have red white and blue lights mandated by the FAA.

rangtang

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
probably aliens doing either:

A. couldn't get a signal, so they were flying around trying to find one.

B. wanting to get their free bumpers

C. return their phones before the deadline

D. bust some ***** up since they just found out that the white iphone 4 has been delayed again

eddie714

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
probably aliens doing either:

A. couldn't get a signal, so they were flying around trying to find one.

B. wanting to get their free bumpers

C. return their phones before the deadline

D. bust some ***** up since they just found out that the white iphone 4 has been delayed again

:D:D:D

E. Came to get a refund on their bumper

F. All of the above

thefunkymunky

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
London
Firstly, if you captured this with your iP4, why didn't you record in HD and secondly, why hold your iP4 in portrait mode instead of landscape? Portrait videos on YT look pants. :confused:

eddie714

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Firstly, if you captured this with your iP4, why didn't you record in HD and secondly, why hold your iP4 in portrait mode instead of landscape? Portrait videos on YT look pants. :confused:
Believe me i regret not taking this in HD. i did not want to miss on recording this so i just hit the record button. as u can see my hands are shaky and both me and my sister are freaking out... at the end she said "thats f** scary". shes 16

ClutchThese

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Alexandria, VA
Believe me i regret not taking this in HD. i did not want to miss on recording this so i just hit the record button. as u can see my hands are shaky and both me and my sister are freaking out... at the end she said "thats f** scary". shes 16
i thought it automatically recorded in HD? do you have to click a different button for it to be HD?

pasipple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
Portrait because the lights were in a vertical array. Photography 101...

kr00k322

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Long Beach, CA
i thought it automatically recorded in HD? do you have to click a different button for it to be HD?
No if you upload directly from the phone through the photo app it compresses the video. I always import my vids to iMovie on the iPhone and exported them in 720. I haven't tried to cut out iMovie and look at it on my laptop to test the quality though.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
lolz

I still don't know what it means.
pants (!) Noun/Adj. Nonsense, rubbish, bad. From the standard British English of pants, meaning underwear; also a variation on 'knickers'. E.g."The first half was pants but I stayed until the end and it was actually a great film." [1990s]
Exclam. An exclamation of annoyance or frustration. From the noun, (above).

eddie714

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
if u see the details it shows "uploaded using iphone" thats why quality is low

ClutchThese

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Alexandria, VA
pants (!) Noun/Adj. Nonsense, rubbish, bad. From the standard British English of pants, meaning underwear; also a variation on 'knickers'. E.g."The first half was pants but I stayed until the end and it was actually a great film." [1990s]
uhhhhh, ok. i get it now.

but isn't rubbish a british term too? why not just say rubbish?

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Well, the OP has just admitted he lives in a trailer park. Are you sure you weren't abducted and mind wiped?

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
Meh...

Not enough video of the porch light.
Next time keep the camera focused on the white lights.

Not sure what's more annoying, shooting the lights re: white or the babbling yelling.

Cool weather balloon. :eek:

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Colloquial British terminology on an American board, now that's pants