UGGH !! Help after redsnow JB. PLEASE

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by terrymaz, Apr 22, 2011.

1. terrymaz macrumors regular

I decided to finally update last night. on was on 4.1 and an outdated itunes as well. I updated itunes and my ios to 4.3 and attempted to jailbreak using redsnow 9.6. (I was on greenpoisen and everything was fine).

The JB seemed to go ok, when i first saw cydia again it was just white. I clicked into it and it seemed fine, until i hit the search feature. The screen quickly flickers and the apple logo pops up on my phone with the bar under it. The normal screen is still there but it has the apple logo etc over it and flickers. I have to restart my phone in order for it to stop.

I have tried it several times, re-jailbroke etc and it keeps doing it. PLEASE, ANY HELP ON THIS IS HUGELY APPRECIATED. Terry

PS. Its amazing how crappy and slow the iphone feels now with no cydia apps on it. :D

2. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

iOS 4.3.1 or iOS 4.3.2?

3. terrymaz thread starter macrumors regular

upgraded to 4.3.2.

To make matters worse, i thought to my self maybe it was a bad cydia install. I went to the sources in cydia and removed all cydia. I t got rid of the icon and i tried re downloading redsnow and try again. Now, even with fresh downloads of redsnow it wont even show a cydia icon. Im hoping i dont have to do a full restore. I have way to many contacts to re enter.

4. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

You back up your phone through iTunes don't you? If so you really should! Do a restore and re-jailbreak then set up as new phone. Then you can sync contacts, email, notes and everything without re-entering everything again. Just because you do a restore doesn't mean it wipes out everything on iTunes.

5. terrymaz thread starter macrumors regular

hMM....I know when i plug in and it syncs it says backing up. Im hoping this is the backup you are talking about. IE when you right click your device in the left itunes menu it offers restore from back up and then lets you choose the most recent date. ??????? That back up?

6. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Yeah when phone is plugged into itunes just single tap phone on left column then you'll will see tabs such as "Summary,info,app,ringtones and so on in the middle top of the screen. So if you click on Info you'll be able to sync address book, ical and mail accounts and more. Are you using a Mac or Windows?

7. terrymaz thread starter macrumors regular

Mac.....So when syncing in the past it automatically syncs my contacts etc from my iphone to my macbook. Thanks for your help with this.

8. dave420 macrumors 65816

Have you tried just waiting for it to finish? I have seen that happen a couple times on numerous devices and it takes a while, but after it is done it never comes back.

9. terrymaz thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your guys help. Had to do a full restore and start from scratch but it looks like cydia is finally working right on my phone. :D

10. Ramsteiner, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011