Ugh - Disappointed Already!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by southerndoc, Oct 17, 2008.

1. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

So I had high hopes when I ordered my new Aluminum MacBook the other day and getting a tracking number.

I thought "wow, that was really quick" for them to build my computer. I ordered the 2.4 with 4 GB of memory and added the USB modem and a remote. I also ordered an airline adapter.

I was really disappointed tonight when I received another shipping notice. I looked at the two and realized that the first shipping notice was for the airline adapter and the second was for the MacBook.

The MacBook won't arrive until Monday. I had such high hopes! How will I survive the weekend? Oh well, guess I'll have to go outside and enjoy some sunshine until it arrives.

2. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

3. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Me too.

Dybbuk - what did you decide to buy?

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

5. EmptyCalm macrumors member

the waiting is the best part. After you get it it's like well ok on to the next great thing..

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

http://upc.*************/uploads/macros/i_care_billgates.jpg

When you have an actual reason to be disappointed I'll be all ears, until then, enjoy your weekend and come back Monday.

7. jaredtomas macrumors regular

jaredtomas

Oh noes, you're disappointed in Apple because you didn't read a shipping notice (which has nothing to do with Apple, anyway) correctly! :(

8. tony-in-japan macrumors regular

Disagree!!

They say ‘The best thing comes to those who wait..’

NOT TRUE!

‘The best thing is running like a maniac to your nearest Apple store 2 hours after it opens on the day of release of a new product, beating the lunchtime rush and walking out (shimmy-style) with a spanking new laptop trying to hold back the glee.

The next best thing is having it lying naked on your desktop, ready at your command... :p

9. cecoleman macrumors regular

I too ordered mine on Tuesday after the announcement, only I received it yesterday (Thursday) not a bad turn-around. It is beautiful too, I absolutely love it. I sold my old whitebook that I'd had for a year and half. This new one feels more solid, lighter, and clean.

10. southerndoc thread starter macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

I said I was disappointed, not disappointed with Apple. The disappointment is from my hopes of receiving the MacBook today being let down. It's all caused from my inattentiveness and has nothing to do with Apple.

11. chill. macrumors 6502

don't lose hope!

i ordered a macbook tuesday at around 5:00pm eastern. when it started shipping out from shanghai and the delivery estimate was monday oct. 20 i was kind of sad. but i just checked the tracking status and the macbook is already in my city on the fedex truck delivering as we speak! it was a very pleasant surprise

i was constantly refreshing the fedex tracking page and noticed that they don't update it very often. last night it still said that the macbook was in alaska, but when i checked just 6 hours later i saw a mass of updates saying that it had gone to tennessee, then to new york, then to my town

very excited my laptop should be coming in like 2-3 hours :eek:)

12. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

if you dont mind me asking, how much did you get for it?? i have mine on ebay and craigslist now... you know what? ill just start a new thread with this topic....

13. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

anyone else think...

The title of this thread really had me scared. I though you were really disappointed in the actual computer not shipping time. phew!

I'm really excited about these new computers but bracing myself for the disappointment. Nothing can be as good as these computers seem to be:eek:

Although of course I hope apple proves me wrong:D

14. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

I ordered mine right after the announcement and I will only get it next Thursday!! I almost regret updating it..

15. dinaluvsApple macrumors regular

lol, sucks for u bro.
    the wait is the hardest part.

16. mmmikael macrumors newbie

I ordered mine 1 hour after the event and it will arrive on November 4th.
    .. :(

17. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

just curl up and say your last good byes to your old friend firewire. Monday will be a new week. You can make it.

18. southerndoc thread starter macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

Didn't use Firewire that much anyhow. Used it for the iSight camera when I had my old iMac G5, but now I don't really have much of a use for it. In fact, my HD camcorder uses USB 2.0.

I wish now I hadn't ordered the customized MacBook. I could've driven to my local store and picked up a new MacBook with 2 gigs and then upgraded.

Ahhh, the agony of waiting. ;)

19. southerndoc thread starter macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

Delivery date has changed to 22 October thanks to missing the pickup time on the 17th.

Even more waiting...

20. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

hmm, you should be more careful next time... ;)

21. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

If everyone thinks thats bad, I ordered My MacBook Standard 2.0 model, with Apple Remote Yesterday...

Delivery: Nov 5-12

I hate the way Apple takes ages to get stuff to Ireland GRRRR...:D

22. southerndoc thread starter macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

My MacBook arrived today! Woohoo!

I love this thing. It's gorgeous, the trackpad has just the right amount of friction and is great to click (I thought initially I would hate it, turns out otherwise), the screen is gorgeous, and it appears to be built solid.

Luckily I don't have the battery cover gap/rattle issue (haven't opened the compartment yet, probably won't in the near future) nor are my keys crooking.

I'm finding it easier to knock off the Magsafe connector though (as compared to my black MacBook).