Ugh...had a watch but it was damaged!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by newdeal, Sep 16, 2016.

1. newdeal macrumors 68020

I preordered but its not scheduled to be in until October so I went by the apple store 40 minutes from my house this morning to get my wife and I both watches. They didn't have the one she wanted but they did have the one I wanted. Bought it, took it out and sat down on a chair in the mall, started setting it up but noticed that the screen had a bunch of scratches all along the top edge...went back and tried to get a new one and they were sold out. So disappointing. It was the aluminum model...makes me wonder if I should get the stainless if the screen scratches so easily it was scratched when I took it out of the box

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

That sucks. I guess you got your money back? And will just try another time?

3. newdeal thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah I got my money back instead. I see my watch that was due to arrive October 3rd is preparing for shipment so maybe it will be early

4. Nipje macrumors member

I think everyone should start inspecting their watches, because i today found the same problem on my SS Series 2 model, refer to my topic: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...on-series-2-ss-screen-out-of-the-box.1996859/

Only visible under some bright light, since the scratches are very light. So sad :'(

5. newdeal thread starter macrumors 68020

what you noted in yours is exactly what I noted on mine. The scratches were on the upper edge right where the curve in the glass is and ran parralell with the watch face