Ugh, how do I get my iPhone repaired online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSpaz, Oct 12, 2008.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Okay, so I wanted to send in my iPhone for repair because it's cracking and theres light leaks all down the left side but, when I went on Apple's repair site and entered my serial number, it told me to select the type of problem I was having and it gave me very limited choices like "Dock doesn't work correctly, Cable doesn't work correctly, Headset with Mic doesn't work correctly..." and so on. It seems like only iPhone accessories were coming up as choices, so I just chose a random one and then I was given more choices about what I wanted replaced and none of them were JUST the iPhone... seems like another list of accessories. Can you get these things warranty repaired online?

Attached Files:

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Call 1-800-My-Iphone and they will hook you up. Tell them what's going on and they should set up a replacement. In my experience they have sent me a service phone (free of charge) and I send mine in and use their 8g service phone while they look at mine and then they send me a refurb. The turnaround time is 2 days at most. Just tell them its your only phone and you need a rental for the time your is there. If you are polite they can waive that 30 fee with the touch of their fingers. Good Luck