ugh how do you work with manual music selection

Discussion in 'iPod' started by kj123492, Sep 11, 2008.

1. kj123492 macrumors newbie

i used to have a 30gb ipod video and i could just sync my 25 gigs of music and everything would be fine. well, not fine i still have complaints (i want itunes to just fill out the album/song info if i have enough info already there)
    but i recently bought a 16gb iphone and now i have to manually transfer my music ITS SO ANNOYING

the first day i spent like 15 minutes just selecting artists to drag over. then i dragged my playlists and now whenever i add new songs to the same playlists i have to find those songs the next time i connect my phone and then drag them over again. ugh!! and then for some reason half my album art didn't sync the first time and there's no 'get album artwork' from the iphone music library so i have to copy and paste it. plus somehow some songs had some small changes and then they copied themselves on my ipod so i have duplicates and i can't show duplicates on it either! :mad:

ugh i'm so annoyed by itunes now.. it would be so simple just to have a iphone music library that i could sync my phone to (so, if i still have to do this silly re-naming and getting album art thing, i could do it all at once and not have to worry about it when i connect my iphone at night).
    how do you guys deal manually dragging music..

2. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

I use auto syncing for a 60gb library. You can specify specific playlists to sync instead of your whole library.
    I use a combination of smart playlists and manual playlists, for instance everything rated 4*+ automatically goes into a smart playlist, which then auto sync's to my iphone. I have another smart playlist that contains every track added in the last month. It takes 20 minutes or so to setup, but after that it looks after itself and auto updates everytime I sync, if I want a track in my iphone, I either give it a 3* or greater rating, or put it in a manual playlist. itunes sorts the rest out.

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I've been using manual management since my 10GB 2nd Gen iPod. It's really not bad at all.

If you add a new track to a playlist, just drag the new playlist to your iPod and any tracks that aren't already on the iPod will copy over. Easy cake.