Ugh... [Is Technology becoming like every other product?]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iScared, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iScared macrumors member

iScared

I know this will upset people and I'll probably look stupid, but that's never stopped me before...

Is Technology becoming like every other product, and having the quality of "Made In China"? (If you aren't American, you probably don't get that analogy. basically in America 90% of stuff is Made in China and is coated with lead or at the very least a PoS product, but at least we have a new word for fancy plastic: "resin.") I like Apple, but I feel like it's been a major let down. Apple TV was a joke, so much so that I couldn't take a chance on the newest Apple TV since one died after two years and the other is collecting dust for its' lack of functionality besides the cloud feature. I got Roku, and it seems to be the best gadget I bought in four years. My iPad 3 crapped out after two years as well, and Tim Cook doesn't seem to be updating Apple. I look at the competitors such as Windows and Samsung and the ilk, but they all seem to be even worse than Apple...

So, is it just me or is enough enough with this false innovation and crappy craftsmanship? I think things need to be sent back from the sweatshops to Europe and America and made by people getting a decent wage who are treated well and therefore make a product better because they want to, and the tech support actually helps (which so far Apple hasn't let me down on, but I am looking at everyone else...) At the very least, gtfo of China, they HATE us and we should boycott them for their government being racist bigots!

Okay, okay, I am done. You were best not to read this.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    This topic falls under the Political/Religious/Social Issues umbrella but the OP does not yet have access to that forum - closing this thread down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.