Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pottebaum

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
Alright, so my first macbook had an issue with the iSight camera, and the replacement they sent me has the dreaded, incredibly annoying, high-pitched macbook whine under the keyboard. I think it's a CPU issue.

So, I called Apple support today, and they said I could send it in for replacement. I said I needed to think about it (since I really need my computer for the next few days).

What I'm wondering now, though, is if I send it in AGAIN, is it possible they'd be willing to give me any kind of compensation, or like a free upgrade?

I don't mean to sound like a greedy jerk or anything, but I've heard of them doing it for people in the past, and I'm not sure how to go about asking them about it...

Thanks!

JG271

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
UK
Sorry to hear that your macbook is dying:(
I'm not sure wether they'll let you upgrade or give any kind of compensation, since i've never been in that situation, but if you do decide to ask, be polite and mention say that you are a switcher and such, that'll boost your chances.
Hope this is useful!

oldtime

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2007
I believe I read here that your third replacement will be a new MacBook. So if you send it in and it craps out yet again, you can get a new laptop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.