UGH Really BAD Day W/ Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Egg5, May 8, 2009.

1. Egg5 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, last night I had my phone on the night stand and it fell into the drawer and the screen is totally messed up. It has no out side damage or anything but the screen looks like it has been impacted on the right side causing the whole screen not to work. Do you think my apple care covers this or am i going to have to buy a new iphone? thanks

2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 32GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Applecare doesn't cover accidental damage so you'll have to pay, unfortunately

3. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

Call Apple and tell them what happened. The least you can do is perhaps get a discounted price on a new iPhone from them?

4. bcburrows macrumors 6502

bcburrows

Options

If you can figure out what you have done to the screen you can consider your options

1) Is the glass broken - does the screen still recognise hand gestures etc
    2) Is the screen broken - is there bleeding or no response
    3) Are you completely unsure what you have done

How tech savvy are you?
    I will quote UK prices, am sure cheaper in the U.S.

1) fix and fitted by someone probably about £60
    2) As above but about £120
    3) Source components and check out ifixit for installation instructions
    4) Apple will replace iphone but I was quote £120 for 8gig and £160 for 16 gig and of course they take your old phone off you

5. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

$199 for a refurbished model when you turn in the broken one to the Genius Bar.

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I would think if there's no visible damage to the outside of the phone it could be passed off as a manufacturing defect.

Claim ignorance. They have plenty of refurbs in stock.