Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. MacBook

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
eBay used to be 55 dollars to get your hands on a full copy like 3 months ago. I cant believe it now! lowest price is like 85!!! Please tell me where you know i can get a cheap copy of windows xp home.

surfstarchris

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
eBay used to be 55 dollars to get your hands on a full copy like 3 months ago. I cant believe it now! lowest price is like 85!!! Please tell me where you know i can get a cheap copy of windows xp home.
My ears and eyes are bleeding now thanks to your sig.

glorfindel39

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2007
Try www.wholesalepcstuff.com

They have a OEM version of XP Pro SP2 for $59.95 plus $5 shipping. OEMs are full versions meant to be put in computers for retail. You get just the discs and the key, no paper manual and no support. Good luck.

colorspace

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2005
I'm surprised Bill and the gang let them sell OEM copies to the public. Good price in any case.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Are you a student? Most Universities and Colleges offer XP for like 10 bucks.

What colleges and universities??

Mine doesn't even have a software section. It used to, but they were selling Windows 3.11 for $75 6 years ago.

I guess they pulled it when their sales weren't were they should be.

sain

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2007

Mine doesn't even have a software section. It used to, but they were selling Windows 3.11 for $75 6 years ago.

My college offers copies of Windows XP for 7 bucks. (Univ of Cincinnati) Maybe you can get a local college kid to buy you a version.

pooky

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2003
They have a OEM version of XP Pro SP2 for $59.95 plus $5 shipping. OEMs are full versions meant to be put in computers for retail. You get just the discs and the key, no paper manual and no support. Good luck.

wholesalepcstuff.com is not selling legal copies of windows. They sell CD-R copies with no hologram and no COA. A quick google search turns up a bunch of links questioning the legality of this, including a page in the Microsoft forums that sums it up nicely.

http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/rss.aspx?postID=1844447&forumID=442

scoobe

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2005
Florida

A lot of colleges have this program with MSDN called Academic Alliance. You can get a myriad of software for free! Right now they have Vista Business, XP, VS2005, Visio, Project Prof, etc., etc., etc. Usually the only colleges that offer it are engineering and business (MIS degrees).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.