Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I have a WD Portable Hard Drive i use for portable use of my DigiScrapping files. I had some "kits" (they contain jpg & png paper & elements) that I hadn't unzipped since i bought them, so i'm "cleaning up today". Well, there were 10 ZIPS in the folder, i can move 8 of them to the spot I store those in to make a back-up DVD of them.

The other 2 give me a white "no" circle when i try to drop them anywhere. So fine, I moved on, well now i have 3 more folders of stuff i can't move. It tells me i have "Read & Write" permissions on the folder/drive (it's Fat32 i assume).

I have no clue as to what is going on - i'm not even sure i can move it all around to format the drive and start over (Should it come to that) since i can't move those stinking Zips. I can't get them re-downloaded either - it was a special Charity sale and they aren't available any longer.

UGH. Anyone have a clue???

Thanks -
Tracey

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
OK, more info.

I appear to NOT be able to copy anything OFF that drive that i put on there today. I moved some files from my MBP drive to it - and just tried to copy from the Portable to another External and no go :(

Yes - I have checked till i'm blue in the face. But i couldn't change them if i wanted to - it just says i have "read & write"
Picture%2022.png

Let me add - a "quickie" is a pre-done scrapbook page you just add pictures too!!! ROFL!!!!!!!

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
OK, i just shut down the computer. Unplugged both drives. Rebooted and waited a bit and plugged the portable one back in - on a different USB port.

Meanwhile, i have a fly buzzing the top of my head and i'm really quickly getting in a bad mood. LOL!!

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
OK, stuff is copying to the local drive.

I'll see if i can directly move that ZIP file when it's done.

What the HECK could have happened??? I hate weirdness like this - drives me insance, which is why i don't miss working in the computer industry at all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.