UGHHH...why does this happen every time on a long call?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Imola Ghost, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I make some long phone calls quite often and most of (if not all) the time when I'm on a long phone call with someone in customer service or something some thing similar the my iPhone 4 just drops the call. It's EXTREMELY aggravating since it happens at the worst times, well any time is worse but damn is is annoying.

Is this something that other people run in to or am I singled out here?

2. Pared macrumors 65816

Where is that GEICO living under a rock guy when you need him...

3. wxman2003 Suspended

What is your signal strength? If it's only one or 2 bars, put a case on it. The iPhone 4 is known to have antenna problems.

4. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Look for your signal strength. If its above 3 bars, I'd look to AT&T/Verizon. Maybe one of those MiFi things might help you out.

5. flipster macrumors 6502a

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I bet the OP is on Verizon. ;)

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

maybe the other party is hanging up because your talking too much ;)

8. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Please don't bring that debate in here. I really would just like to contain the carrier pissing match to one thread.
    Funny :p
    MiFi will do nothing. I think you may be referring to those home network extenders/home base stations that would no doubt help so long as the OP has a reliable internet connection at home which I wouldn't doubt. Side note I can keep a call with verizon on 1 bar or even less. I make phone calls in my basement too ;):D

9. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Does it happen after the same amount of time into each phone call? If so, it might be an issue with your phone itself. Who is your carrier, and how many signal bars do you get?

No, I dont have this particular issue, and I'm on VZW. It could be a number of things, but a bit more information from you could help us help you.

10. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Also--what's your firmware and baseband version? And is this possibly a proximity sensor issue rather than carrier one?

11. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Yes, thats what I was meaning. I wasn't sure of the name of it since I have full coverage everywhere I go in Dallas (AT&T home).