UGHHHH defects alreadyy?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AHB900, Sep 11, 2008.

1. AHB900 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone i just purchased the NEW itouch yesterday i got the 32gig version. Now this is my first ipod i was never a fan of ipods because my firends always had some werid luck with their ipods but i said i dont care i want one. Well now i installed a few apps from the app store and today (the second day) everytime i clicked any installed apps they would go to the loading screen and it would just shut off and return to the main home menu it wont load so i had to delete them and reinstall them to work. Why is this happening does anybody know? is this a defect should i contact apple? Another problem it does no wanna connect to my home wireless network for some reason it keeps saying unable to connect to network. Why? did i end up with a ****** touch or does anybody else have a problem with their new touch?

Thanks

2. beg_ne macrumors 6502

What version of the iPod software is running on the new touch? 2.1? I think 2.1 is supposed to fix/help with that issue as its a known issue since 2.0 came out. You should also be able to turn off your iPod and turn it back on again(hold the sleep button down for a few seconds then slide to turn off) and it usually fixes the app problems without removing and reinstalling them.

Also are you sure you have the correct network information? If you're sure but it still doesn't seem to be connecting then choose "Other..." from the wifi preferences and manually enter your network information and security type and see if it connects then.

3. AHB900 thread starter macrumors newbie

my touch is running version 2.1.1 So its the new software so shouldnt it be fixed? i tryed restarting it and stuff but didnt help the problem. Also the internet it connects the safari works but when i try to connect to AIM it says unable to conncet to network. I think it might be a security feature on my D-link because it used to do it on my laptop till my brother changed something but i dont know what the hell he changed. The thing is AIM and everything worked yesterday perfectly and after that APP problem today it started giving me all these problems

4. AHB900 thread starter macrumors newbie

alright great now it wont connect to my internet AT ALL can somebody please help me...

THank you

5. Darkroom Guest

Darkroom

call Apple Care... it's free for you since you just bought the iPod...

6. beeh macrumors regular

Hang in there dude, it's an awesome device, you definitely did not waste your money. Call AppleCare or take to to the store and get another.

7. 1quick1 macrumors member

:sigh:

Same problem with my brand new 2nd gen Touch. Yesterday it worked fine. Today if I try to launch any application I downloaded it just opens for a second and immediately closed to the home screen. Safari will launch and connect but nothing like the myspace program, AIM, Wikipanion, etc won't launch. All the default apps work fine but anything from the app. store won't open. Nice considering this is a replacement for my OTHER broken $300 iPod and my broken $2000 MacBook Pro.

8. sw75 macrumors newbie

I had the same problems!

I got my 16 GB touch today, my apps would begin to load then it would go back to the home screen. my music videos would not play, and I was pissed.

So here's what I did: I un-synched the all the apps, then re-synched them. Then they worked perfectly! I did the same thing with the music videos, then they played like they're supposed to.

Then I spent a couple of hours trying to get my new router to connect to the iPod wifi. The only way I could do it was to disable the security.

Now everything works amazing!

Love this iPod Touch

9. 1quick1 macrumors member

lol I started deleting all my apps. and after I deleted them now it's completely frozen when the apps are wiggling around and won't do anything.

Looks like I'm getting my $300 back. Will the Apple store take a return if I ordered it on the web? I'm done with Apple which makes me :(

10. sw75 macrumors newbie

What happens when you connect it to iTunes?

Is it still frozen?

11. 1quick1 macrumors member

I synced it up to iTUnes and that seemed to wake it up and it's unfrozen and it deleted the programs I deleted.

I'm reinstalling the applications right now and I've got two installed so far and it seems to be working so maybe I was a little overzealous but hopefully this isn't going to be a reoccurring problem. With that said the music and videos I've put on work great and I've already had it connected to 4 different wireless networks with no issue whatsoever. Hopefully this works out because I've had terribly luck with my very expensive Apple toys.

:crosses fingers:

12. sw75 macrumors newbie

You would think something this expensive and on Generation 2 would work
    flawlessly, right out of the box. I guess you just have to be patient with these iPods, and not have a knee-jerk reaction.

So far, I haven't had any more problems with mine. Hope yours keeps working like it should.

13. AHB900 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well guys its still not connecting to my network. I am starting to get irritated because i did not spend 430 dollars to end up with something that's gonna piss me off with all its defects. I think i will be calling apple. Also someone up there mentioned turning off the security is it the security on the internet? or is there a security on the itouch

14. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

My guess is that it's a problem with your network settings, and not the iPod touch.

15. AHB900 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok heres the thing i called my cousin to my room and i tried connecting to my same network with her IPHONE and it connected with no problems at all but then i tryed it with mine and it says unable to connect to the network. can i call my touch defective now? or is there a reason this happen...

16. sw75 macrumors newbie

Does your network have a lock next to it when trying to connect with your touch? If so, that may be the problem. I hooked up my new router today, set up the password, then tried to connect to my network with that password. It kept saying, "wrong password."

So I turned off the security that was on my router, and finally it worked.

17. AHB900 thread starter macrumors newbie

what do you mean lock? i mean heres the thing both of my firends touchs work and my cousins iphone works in my room so why is mine giving me a problem? Shouldnt they all be pretty much the same?

18. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

Can you connect to any other network, or is it just yours that doesn't work?

These things are mass produced, there are bound to be a few of defects in some. Just take a chill pill and call Apple, you might get a new touch out of the whole thing.

19. AHB900 thread starter macrumors newbie

i havent had a chance to test it on other networks yet because yesterday it was working just fine during the day then i came home and it didnt work at my own house. Day 1 - worked fine at my house no problems. Day 2- worked fine at my cousins house came home at night couldnt log into my own network. Day 3 - takes about 25 trys to somehow get into my own network...

20. 1quick1 macrumors member

Well woke up today and checked and my Touch once again will not open any apps. from the app store. Defaults apps, music, movies all work fine. So this is obviously some problem. Has anyone else had problems like this? I click on the program, it opens for a second, and then immmediately closes to the home screen with the icons. Turning it off and on doesn't help and neither does turning it off and leaving it off and then trying. I also tried with it hooked to the PC and with it not and still no luck. I know for a fact I don't feel like downloading and reinstalling these apps. every day.

21. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

All you guys with a defective new ipod touch, are you guys serious ?!! I was waiting for the 2.g to come out with less problem and now all of these... Just when i'm about to buy one...

22. AHB900 thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont understand why the NEW gen would have 10 times more problems then the first gen? wth is apple thinking? They better release a new firmware with a free upgrade like ASAP

23. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

You bought a new product that is not functioning correctly. Your path of action should be to call Applecare, which apparently you still have not done.

Nothing is perfect and it's entirely possible you have a defective unit. That's what warranties are for, after all. So USE the warranty rather than coming here and ranting...

24. AHB900 thread starter macrumors newbie

the apple warrenty isent one of those warrentys that expires when used once correct? Like for example the circuit city warranty if you use it u gotta purchase new warrenty is apples like that also? or in the 1 year i can use the warrenty as many times as needed.

25. .Chris macrumors 6502a

.Chris

I'm sure you can use it as many times as the warnety is active. Just call apple up, and they will help