Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billybobthornton

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2016
What's with the new ugly full screen ads While scrolling between articles on mobile? Also Lenovo on macrumors?

Attachments

• IMG_1999.PNG
    IMG_1999.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 603
Last edited:
Reactions: Kengineer

David G.

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Alaska
I'm facing similar issues, where a set of black bars exists blocking the equivalent of a full iPhone sized page of info on the main page. One bad at the top saying "advertisement" and one bar at the bottom saying "scroll to continue with content." The content is always covered up unless I zoom out to make the page much smaller than normal, where it would pop into full normal zoom once I let go reverse pinching. The odd thing is that no actual advertisement shows, and I'm not even running an ad blocker. IMG_1015.PNG

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Sorry, folks...this shouldn't be happening. These types of ads are only supposed to be shown to mobile users who aren't logged into a forum account. Something changed, and they're now being served to everyone, including people using the desktop view on mobile, which breaks display of the site. Working on figuring out what happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.