UH everyone wants to check my phone today..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Thank God I had the screen protector and the case on.... someone even tried to hint me at removing the case so he can touch it. LOL :mad:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Oh the humanity! How dare they touch your precious cargo. Talk about about being violated!

4. Cyberius11 macrumors regular

I've had the same. Lots of "ooh is that the 6 plus? can I hold it for a second?"

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Not only did I have co workers touching it, I had customers wanting to check it out! Oh well, it's just a phone lol

6. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

At my retail job I was ringing up a customer who was playing with an iPhone 6 Plus. The first one I've seen in the wild, and in all its naked glory! I was awestruck. First thing I asked was, "Would you like to pay with Apple Pay?" He chuckled. It looked so damn good, you can't blame anyone for wanting to fondle it. :p

7. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I feel like a show and tell back in kindergarten.. ZOMG

8. uwdude macrumors 6502a

Yes, rather than have everybody come over to my desk throughout the day asking about it, I just went ahead and took the new phone on a tour around the office this morning, so everybody got their look at it before I even sat down. Now I have it in peace for the rest of the day! I hate to be "that guy" that shoves it in everybody's face, but everybody wants to see it anyway. I also toyed with the idea of just not revealing that I had it, but didn't know how long I could keep that a secret.

9. EvilShenaniganZ macrumors 6502

EvilShenaniganZ

10. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

6 people checked it at different times... as soon as they walked in they said "where is it?" lulz..

11. N e e k macrumors 6502

Yeah, I'm a college student and I was at a party and I pulled it out because I had to make a call. You probably knew what happened next. "Oh my god is that the 6 Plus! Oh my god this thing is huge! Wow is that the new iPhone!" etc... etc...... one kid took a picture of it

12. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

u shoulda been like.. u know what else is huge? haha :eek:

13. eric.john macrumors member

Same here. i had more "that's it? no 4k display" bs from the android kids here at my job. even had some doing research on the job to find every possible flaw with the phone..

14. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

I had one lady at work, tell me. "Yeah that camera is nice, but my Samsung has more megapixels." I asked if she knew what megapixels are, she said no lol. She said she she wants the Samsun edge, it has a display on the side!

15. widestload macrumors 6502

widestload

Sounds like my morning.... Its like handing over my baby to someone and worrying they'll drop it! Loving the attention though :p .

16. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Similar things happened to me today. Wow that's the new iPhone? That's huge! Can I hold it? It looks thin... Does it also have the fingerprint sensor? Please show me the new xy... Omg I would buy it too if I could.
    At one point I was playing asphalt 8 and a group of friends gathered around to watch how the new iPhone handles games (yes they did). One of the people around asked "why are you all looking at one phone" and another one (not even me) said "well the screen is big enough, everyone can watch"
    Kinda enjoyed that :eek::p:cool:
    Someone was kidding around and acted like he wanted to hold and drop it. I was just like ok if you drop the $900 phone even though you're just supposed to test it ... Ima sue you :p

17. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

:lol: People are in such awe when they see it!

18. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

ZOMG.. today was a wild day.. LOL

19. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I expect a lot of handling tomorrow when I head back to work.