uh? non-commercial use only for apps?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zerocustom1989, Jan 8, 2011.

1. zerocustom1989 macrumors regular

So if I'm legally supposed to follow Apple's iTunes usage then I am not allowed to make with pixelmator, or make a website with Coda and not sell them for profit? Is that the proper definition of 'commercial'?

"You may download and use an application from the Mac App Store (“Mac App Store Product”) for personal, non-commercial use on any Apple-branded products running Mac OS X that you own or control (“Mac Product”)."

Guess it's wise to just buy from the developer website then?

---Edit, Wish I could delete.

ii) If you are a commercial enterprise or educational institution, you may download a Mac App Store Product for use either (a) by a single individual on each of the Mac Product(s) that you own or control, or (b) by multiple individuals on a single shared Mac Product that you own or control. For example, a single employee may use a Mac App Store Product on both the employee’s desktop Mac Product and laptop Mac Product, or multiple students may serially use the Product on a single Mac Product located at a resource center or library.

Commercial use seems to be fairly unrestricted as well as long as the user is the same?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No, commercial use is fairly unrestricted because it's highly expensive to enforce the "rules."