Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcail07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
For the past two days my iPhone has been dying and needs to be charged every day. This is after only maybe using the phone 30 minutes talk time and wifi for 30 minutes top.... My iPhone used to last for 2+ days using 2 times as much...

Any suggestions on something I could do myself?

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I had the same thing start happening with m iphone. I tried shutting it down and restarting it (to clear out the RAM, Apple recommends it) then tied a full restore. That didn't help so it was off to the genius bar. They said it was probably a faulty batter and replaced it on the spot.

Good Luck!!

Encanto

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
I just replaced my iphone about a week ago today due to some echoing issues. My old iphone's batery would last atleast a day. With this new iphone it only gives me about 5 hours of standby and lioke 2 hours if i use to make calls or use the wifi. This aaint normal right? I hope I dont have to replace it. That would be my third time iphone errrr.

DVDSP

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2003
Southwick, MA
Out of curiosity

We just picked up and 8 gig and a 16 gig on Friday. What do you all recommend for charging. It used to be "use it 'til the battery is completely dead" but I don't want to have to go out with the battery extremely low just to kill it for recharging if I don't have to.

Any suggestions appreciated...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.