Uh oh, dark mark on MBP battery.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chrisyc, Dec 30, 2008.

1. chrisyc macrumors newbie

I took out my battery to clean my MBP yesterday and I found this darker gray mark on the inside of the battery. It's about the size of half of a quarter (probably a little bigger) and is located on the edge of the battery. I wish I could take a picture of it, but I doubt it would help very much as it would be shot with my camera phone.

Is this common? Is it a defect I should worry about? I got my MBP in late September and I've been taking care of it real well. Thanks, everyone!

2. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

If you are near an apple store, take it in ASAP. If not, give apple a call, they're usually pretty good about possible dangerous batteries.

3. chrisyc thread starter macrumors newbie

Great, thank you for the quick reply. I'll have the Apple Store check it out. By the way, if it's any help, I only have 7 cycles on the battery.

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Ditto, when it comes to the battery take it to the Apple store. Could be a sign of early leakage.
    Just a side note to the OP, you CAN use your iSight camera on your MBP to take the pic of the battery. Just plug in your MBP and take the pic. ;)