Uh.. OH... i think i just got a virus :(

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ob1, Feb 4, 2010.

1. ob1 macrumors newbie

Hey you guys!

I just got a macbook pro 13' and i LOVE IT its soo fun and i never want to go back to a p.c. but yesterday my girlfriend was looking up celebrity pictures..(i dont know why..) and all of the sudden this thing popped up saying i have the chance of a virus.. scan your computer now.. and all that junk.. i didnt let it scan my computer... and i dont think i got anything... my computer still runs fast and i hope that the virus wasnt compatible for mac.. but is there any mac virus scanners out there??

thanks you guys! :)

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

No, you didn't get a virus
    You got a java script popup that is a fake

Carry on

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

and the fake warnings show you what looks like a Windows desktop, which is obviously wrong on a Mac. There are no viruses for osx.

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Lol.... I love it when you get one of them fake virus alerts. They all look like Windows XP, and I just think FAIL!

5. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Tumbleweed666

as per the other posts
    (a) it wasn't a virus even if you were on Windows. Its just some moving pictures on a web page and no more a virus than a picture of a steak on a web page is an actual meal. The danger comes, if you were on Windows,when you'd click 'scan' and then it would install. Maybe one day someone will write one of these for Mac but none reported so far AFAIK.
    (b) there are no Mac viruses. (there are a few bad apps out there for Mac but you have to explicitly download and run them)