iPad Uh,oh! iPad Air BSOD & panic.plist!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gekkota, Nov 15, 2013.

1. gekkota macrumors member

Here's what happened: I opened ScrabbleHD (don't judge me) and the screen was frozen. I hit the home button and it returned to the homescreen. I double-clicked to see what programs were still open, and when I swept up to close Scrabble, blue screen of death flashed for a second, then the apple appeared and it re-started.

When I checked Diagnostics & Usage, I saw that there was a panic.plist and there was also an entry on the reset counter.

I googled the panic.plist issue, and the advice is all over the map: everything from "return it, it's definitely a hardware problem" to "it's IOS 7."

Naturally, I am concerned about it since the ipad is brand new. I really don't want to return it since I already put a screen protector on it and set it up how I like it. It is also under warranty so there's no rush.

I'm wondering if others have had this issue, or know if it is hardware or software-related. Thanks.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Restore your iPad and possibly set it up as a new device. That will correct most is not all of those problems.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Devices on iOS 7 do this every once in a while, no need to worry unless it happens, say, more than once every few weeks. No need to restore or anything, just keep using as normal and enjoy.

4. gekkota thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I guess I will just wait and see how it goes, since I really don't want the hassle of trying to restore it.
    I was just pretty shocked that it had that error message since it is a brand new device. I hope it is just an IOS issue...