Uh oh, this seems to be a big bug in iOS 4!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by critic81, Aug 25, 2010.

1. critic81 macrumors regular

Well this is kind of unsettling. Photobucket is down, so hopefully this pic stays active. Here is what is happening.

[​IMG]

What I did was i had Latitudie installed and I uninstalled it and I was going to reinstall after a reboot. Well after I rebooted I noticed that the location icon was up, but nothing was supposed to be running in the background. So I went ahead and shut down all running programs, turned location services off, then rebooted again. Then this happened. That is not good. Something is not getting turned off. Has anyone had this happen before? I'm going to submit a bug report to Apple.

2. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

This isn't good. Have you been able to reproduce it? I suppose it's good they added the icon - now at least you know Location Services is being left on (unless it's simply a display bug).

Thanks for submitting the report, most people just moan something doesn't work and expect Apple to psychically work out someone somewhere has an issue of some kind.

AppleMatt

3. critic81 thread starter macrumors regular

Well I think what happened is that since I deleted the app while it had background location on, Latitudie just didn't release the location hook that it sets up. Because I reinstalled Latitudie, turned background location off, then deleted the app, then rebooted, and it was fine. So it might just be the apps fault, but still iOS should see that a hooked background location thread should be removed if the app is deleted. Just what I think.

4. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I though this thread was going to be about the fact that To-Do lists are not synced from iCal.... :rolleyes:

5. j2004p macrumors member

This is a bug with Latitudie and is experienced by EVERY user who's downloaded it (see the reviews).

It's a shame because I actually think it's a really simple application that does what it's asked.

My suggestion is that until it's fixed, when you dont want to background report your location, just disable latitudie in location services settings.

6. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

7. critic81 thread starter macrumors regular

Pic is fixed!

8. critic81 thread starter macrumors regular

I do love Latitudie! The bug that people say in the reviews isn't really a bug at all. When you activate updatesignificantlocationchanges or whatever its called, the location icon is supposed to stay on all the time. It's how iOS 4 works. My bug was that I uninstalled the actual program and it still stayed on after a reboot. Still probably a Latitudie problem, just not cleaning up on an uninstall.

9. Shoot macrumors regular

um as far as i knew this happens with all apps, the location icon stays up there for X amount of time after you've stopped using it purposefully..