Uh, what just happened? (Crash, but wierd)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by LoneWolf121188, Jan 6, 2008.

1. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

So I had my Line 6 POD X3 connected to my MBP via USB. My MBP was outputting audio (ie, iTunes) through USB to my POD, where I had my guitar and headphones plugged in. Everything was going just fine. I paused iTunes for a sec to adjust something, then hit play. Suddenly, I was getting no sound. So I quit iTunes and restarted it. Same thing, no sound. So I unplugged my USB cable. Immediately, my screen went grayscale from top to bottom, like a scanner or something. Then a message popped up that said "You need to restart your computer" or something to that effect in a bunch of different languages.

What just happened? Was that a kernel panic or something?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Yep, that's a kernel panic. They get us all in the end.

[​IMG]

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

that was a kernal panic, I'm guessing it had something to do with the thing you had connected by USB, have you used it before without problems?

5. LoneWolf121188 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, I'm actually using it right now. Its the first time I've seen that. Why would disconnecting it cause a kernel panic?

I have to say, the mac version of the BSOD is much friendlier than the windows version! Although slightly less informative.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It's probably just a random kernal panic, it's nothing to really worry about if it doesn't keep happening.