uh, why does safari keep crashing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jeremy6044, Jan 23, 2008.

1. jeremy6044 macrumors regular

i'm a recent switcher, and i feel like i've traded the windows habit for crashing for safari's habit for crashing.

actually, firefox crashes a lot, too. is this normal on a mac? i've read comments about browsers being bad on macs. i'm just wondering what the possible reasons for this could be.

2. carlgo macrumors 68000

I'd like to tag along with you on this. Safari is crashed by many sites. I sort of look beyond this as I'll upgrade to Leopard one of these days and hope that it is better on that. In the meantime, Firefox is far more stable and correctly works on far more sites. I am rather surprised by all this.

3. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Sorry to report from my experience with Leopard/Safari but if anything the crashes are more frequent along with long pauses while loading sites. It could be my ISP but I've run side by side loads with Firefox and Safari with Safari consistantly losing. Wish Apple would spend more of their profits on fixing their A-list applications.

4. jeremy6044 thread starter macrumors regular

that's odd. safari on my macbook (brand new with leopard) is much faster than firefox. i'd say safari crashes more often, though.

5. sweetlakester macrumors newbie

I don't seem to have the problems y'all are talking about. :):apple:

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

We know Safari 3 is a resource hog. How much time passes before it crashes? I would recommend quitting frequently to free up some RAM.

7. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Thats life eh?

Never had problems with Safari in the past with Tiger. With Leopard sometimes, well more often that not, half the page will load then stop...then wait...start loading...then stop, eventually it does load. Yet with Firefox its quick. Perhaps its because I did an upgrade Leopard rather than clean install.
    Time will tell.

<edit- it took 26 seconds in Safari to upload this post, not that great imo on a 20mb cable connection>