Uhm.... iCloud just went live for me...

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by spyguy10709, Oct 7, 2011.

1. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

Hi all,
    So I'm not a dev, nor do I have MobileMe but I tried to log into iCloud anyway, and it let me in. I don't know why. It wasn't just the FMI screen, it was iCloud. I had a prerelease lion (dp1 - gm - 10.7.1) with iCloud additions on the gm, logged in, set up, failed. no additions on 10.7.1. I was never able to access iCloud before and now I can. Yay.

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Hmm...interesting. The login badge image still shows "Beta"... I have a dev account so I can't test.

Anyone else not a dev able to get in?

3. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

iCloud has been live for me since well before the GM and I'm just a regular Joe User.

4. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Yes, I'm not a developer and I've been able to log in for several weeks. I installed the GM of iOS 5 and OS X 10.7.2 and have basically set up everything in iCloud, including the email account, contacts, and calendar. All that's left to set up is iWork, but I assume that Apple will release updated versions of those apps next week.

5. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

when i try to 'check' the email box on the iCloud pref pane...its just says 'starting' with the pinwheel...anyone know how i can get this going?

6. rneglia macrumors 6502

rneglia

Is there a place to get 10.7.2?

7. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

Not officially. And as while in my experiences they're ready for primetime, I'd still advise waiting it out. iOS5 changed a lot of core things, especially video playback in apps, and those apps need to be updated, so to save some mild heartache, just wait 'til Wednesday.