UI Change in iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gunny011, Nov 25, 2011.

?

Will there be a UI change?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    35.9%
  2. NO

41 vote(s)
    64.1%
  1. Gunny011 macrumors regular

Who thinks we will see a UI change in iOS 6 for iOS devices?

I guess the products to be included in iOS 6 would be iPhone 4, 4S and the next generation iPhone. And iPad 1-3.

Thoughts?

2. SurferMan macrumors 65816

I don't think Apple will stray from their UI, in their eyes it's simple and that's all they care about. They'll add stuff /make some new changes, but I don't think they'll mess with the UI.

3. GeniusJon macrumors regular

They'll probably improve on some icons and buttons, but nothing too crazy (Gingerbread to ICS).

4. SurferMan macrumors 65816

That's why they'll always be a need to jailbreak :D , the way I have my phone setup it doesn't even seem like an iPhone, yet is still fluid and smooth and "feels" like the regular iOS just with a fresh look. Barrel gives some cool animations for icons when swiping and I have a clock widget on screen to match and live weather animation on lockscreen. Just little changes like that make a big difference in not getting bored.

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I doubt it.

Apple doesn't believe in UI changes. Take a look at the Mac OS upgrades. They only do minor UI changes but just add more features. I guess they don't want to confuse users. This is why Microsoft is different than Apple. Every major Windows update, for the most part, looks drastically different while Mac OS doesn't.

6. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

I think themes will be a better choice somehow, Mmm even tho apple doesn't seem to care About theming , live icons would be cool too the only problem with that is the icons are too small , I still don't understand why the weather icon don't display temperature tho, and hopefully if they get a new battery technology that can last longer we probably see some more nice features since everyone knows how much data we use now the battery life seems short

7. luked14 macrumors 6502

Should there be a UI change? Yes, iOS desperately needs a major UI overall. WILL Apple actually make that change? No, incremental is the name of the game for Apple. It's kind of sad to see most of the new iOS features every year come from either the jailbreak community or Android, and Apple touts them as revolutionary.

8. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

I hear this all the time but no one cares to show what changes they think are necessary. It is like those occupy protesters chanting we want *something* and when you ask them about what is that something they stare at you.

Seriously, what exactly is desperately needed? I use a captivate nowadays (cheap deal, backup phone turned into main use for now) and even then I am hard pressed to see what major changes would be needed.

9. luked14 macrumors 6502

Well to give you a solid answer, I'm just tired of the overall look of the UI. The app icons, the chat bubbles, the dull white and blue throughout. Everything looks cartoony and not very modern or sleek. I'd like to see darker colors, sleeker, less rounded looks all around. I'm jailbroken and still waiting for my favorite themes to gain iOS 5 compatability but take a look at FIF7Y's themes for reference.

I know that with Apple's walled garden they'll never enable user themes in iOS but the least they could do is innovate the look of the UI since it has mostly looked the same for the last five years.

Nice occupy comparison though ;).

10. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Hmm. Okay that makes sense. Problem is what you described is themes which may or may not be everyone's preference.

I have lots of experience with dreamboard when i had the iPhone 4. Boxor HD, asymmetric, dream etc were nice themes. Even will all those themes however i would long for the stock look and after reverting to the "boring old rid of icons" i felt more at home.

I just find the current UI more elegant compared to most other UIs. Even after many custom ROMs i hate the UI on the captivate. TW4, ICS, sense, custom made themes, you name it. I still find the rounded and elegant UI of iPhone more appealing. Also i am not a fan of dark themes.

To each their own i guess.

11. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

iOS is the same as OS X, a yearly evolution rather than a revolution, when it comes to its UI. I think it's good this way until a revolutionary new way to interact with smartphones comes along - probably not for a couple of years.

12. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Apple is balls-deep in their UI. It's not changing. Feature changes are all we have to look forward to.

Which im okay with. The UI is beautiful in my opinion.