UI Lag iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KPOM, Mar 17, 2016.

1. KPOM macrumors G5

Is it just my iPad Pro, or does the UI lag seem to be getting worse with every iOS 9.3 build? Right now, I can't even unlock my iPad Pro or type e-mails without the iPad Pro being unresponsive for several seconds when I try to type something.

2. falainber macrumors 6502

falainber

Several seconds? Are you sure you are not exaggerating?

3. Kjung7 macrumors 6502

I've been noticing some lag on the unlock screen. I would try Touch ID or even swiping on the unlock screen but the iPad freezes up for some reason. Usually pressing the sleep/wake and trying again solves the problem.

4. KPOM thread starter macrumors G5

No. For instance, after pressing reply, it took 4 seconds before I could start typing this.

5. Serban Suspended

The unlock screen is normal for those who has a sim for Lte unit
    So its normal, but what the op is saying, i would stay away from 9.3

6. Kjung7 macrumors 6502

Really? I didn't know about it. Is it cause it's searching for a signal?

7. auero macrumors 65816

I'm having lag issues too. I noticed it from when I first opened it, but I assumed it was syncing that was making it do that. It happens only sporadically now although if it continues I'm going to do a fresh install of iOS.

8. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

9.3 is beta software... I really think you should discuss this in this iOS forums instead....

9. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

My iPad Pro has had lag since day one.

After trying a variety of things I reached out to the Genius Bar. Telling me in a less than confident stance that it was normal, I chose to visit a second Apple store. This Genius gave it a quick test then replaced it without hesitation

A mere four weeks later the replacement quit cold. So back I went to Apple for another replacement. I'd be upset if I wasn't already aware of the slow yet continuing slip in product quality.

Apple must be convinced that we will buy anything they draw an Apple Logo on.

10. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

What you're talking about here would be because the website often can take a few seconds to initiate. That isn't iOS or the iPad Pro.

Also in general UI movement on the iPad Pro, some are mistaking the LCD "wave" effect as iOS lag. It's something all LCD displays have and it's just more noticeable because the sheer size.

11. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

..... Are we talking about the iPad Pro in general, or are talking specifically about the iOS 9.3 beta builds? That is not an insignificant difference.

12. KPOM thread starter macrumors G5

I know the difference between website lag, the "wave" effect and what I'm seeing on my iPad Pro. I don't experience it on my iPhone or iPad Mini. If I'm drafting an email, for instance, the letters sometimes don't appear for several seconds and then all of them show up at once.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 18, 2016 ---
    But I've had the same experience with iOS 9.2.

13. SoYoung macrumors 6502

14. Serban Suspended

Yes, it search for the lte signal