UI Problem After I Reset Password

Discussion in 'macOS' started by maxchains155, May 11, 2009.

1. maxchains155 macrumors member

I forgot the password of my account so I went to my OS X disc and reset my password. Then the problems start.

OS X frequently asks me for "login" keychain password. I have probably fixed it by deleting ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain. OS X now asks me for "login" keychain password less frequently, but it still shows up.

Also, Time Machine no longer backs up my computer - It stucks at preparing backup. I have turned it off and turned it on and chose the backup drive again, still no luck.

I am using OS X Leopard with 10.5.6 and a Time Capsule.

Thanks for your help.

Ed: The above problems seem to be solved but I have a new problem. Please read #3. Thank you very much.

2. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Try erasing your time machine backup, and starting the whole backup process again.

3. maxchains155 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that... But is there any other way that I don't need to erase my Time Machine backup? I am sure I will need to restore something...
    Ed: OK it seems it is backing up now. Thanks

Ed 2: Now I have a even bigger problem. For some reason OS X is outer-glowing UI elements. This is so ugly and is getting on my nerves. I am sure that it didn't happen before and these glows don't appear on my friends' Mac. Screenies...
    [​IMG]
    "Connecting"

[​IMG]
    "Text Reply"

[​IMG]
    "Software Update"

[​IMG]
    Cancel

[​IMG]
    Glowing in Tabs! Argh!

Please help... Thank you.

4. ihabime macrumors 6502

You have Full Keyboard Access set to All Controls in the Keyboard tab of the Keyboard & Mouse section of System Preferences.

You can turn this on and of with ctrl-F7

BTW you really shouldn't edit out your original post like that, someone else might have found the solution useful.

5. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

If the problem is solved, just edit it and add your "edit" tag so other users know what's happened, but keep the existing text. There is no need to edit/white out the other text. Thanks.