UI related question.

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by techwoman, Sep 9, 2018.

1. techwoman macrumors newbie

I am making my own app and am at learning stage of designing UI. I am creating the app using Swift 4.1.2. In my app, the user will provide a text and then click on a button which will then initiate a request to some API service and then I have to display the list of results that I would receive in the response.

Eg: Say user inputs a text, I will send a request to some movie API to return me list of movies having that text and I will display it on the screen.

I was thinking to use UISearchController where the user will enter text in the search bar and I would display the results in the table view below it. I have mainly seen everyone using these controls when they have the table view already populated, but they then want to search something/filter within it.

My case is otherway round. Do you still think it makes sense for me to use UISearchController. Any other better controls that you could think I can use?

2. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68040

PhoneyDeveloper

You're right that these are two common options: Using a search controller to filter the contents of a list and using a search controller to find something outside the list and then to show the results in the tableView. Either one works fine.