I have a prototype cell that contains a UILabel. I set the values of the UILabels of each cell that is created using this prototype in my view controller's cellForRowAtIndexPath method. When I run the app, there is just one cell (out of 3) that doesn't show any text. I checked the debugger and saw that the text property was set to a non-nil value. I must point out that I changed the maximum # of lines in the UILabel to 1, but that should have had no effect. I have done some research, and so far have only found threads that point to one of two causes - use of a worker thread to execute setText, and use of an incompatible font - but neither are what's causing my problem. Edit: I think I should point out that the label is linked to an IBOutlet named "textLabel".