UISounds - description of less commonly sounds?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PaxVocorum, Nov 4, 2009.

1. PaxVocorum macrumors newbie

I've just recently done the JB on my iPhone and have gleefully been customizing the poo out of it.

While exploring and modifying the system files directly has been a blast(albeit anxiety inducing, even with the full backup copies I've made), obviously Winterboard has been the "easy way out" for most of what I'd like to do.

I've been searching for a description of all the sound files in the UISounds directory on the system and it seems that everyone has essentially the *same* list. What's interesting is that while the more obvious ones are clearly identified, there's so many which are not.

Am I just dense or has no one figured it out yet?

I've searched forums and google looking for this info with no luck, so I'm hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction. I've already got the list from hackthatphone.com, section 11 of the winterboard theme walkthrough so I don't need that list again :)
    (ref: http://www.hackthatphone.com/3x/themes_with_winterboard_section11.html )

Can anyone point me towards a full index/description?
    If not, can anyone help by identifying one or two of these? I'd like to know to what they're attached and under what event trapping they may play.

ct-busy.caf (update - these appear to be sounds that may play while calls are active? I'll fiddle and see )
    ct-call-waiting.caf
    ct-congestion.caf
    ct-error.caf
    ct-keytone2.caf
    ct-path-ack.caf

jbl_ambiguous.caf ( I have NO idea what these are for. )
    jbl_begin.caf
    jbl_cancel.caf
    jbl_confirm.caf
    jbl_no_match.caf

long_low_short_high.caf
    low_power.caf
    middle_9_short_double_low.caf
    RingerChanged.caf
    shake.caf (this sounds obvious... but my phone doesn't make a noise when shaken)
    short_double_high.caf
    short_double_low.caf
    short_low_high.caf

SIMToolkitCallDropped.caf (Sounds before and after calls are active? )
    SIMToolkitGeneralBeep.caf
    SIMToolkitNegativeACK.caf
    SIMToolkitPositiveACK.caf
    SIMToolkitSMS.caf (duplicate of general MSG Received sound, but doesn't seem specific to anyplace in particular)

sq_alarm.caf
    sq_beep-beep.caf
    sq_lock.caf
    sq_tock.caf

Tink.caf
    Tock.caf (keyboard press?)

ussd.caf

I'm about to start renaming these back to AIFF files and then playing them in iTunes hoping to make a neuron or two fire, but if anyone has an extensive list, it would most certainly be appreciated!

-- update - apparently .caf files don't want to be played in iTunes directly. They do, however, play in QuickTime...

2. Dinnersauce, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012

Dinnersauce macrumors newbie

Tock.caf is definitely the key press sound. I have it changed. Idk what Tink.caf is, but I listened to it when finding the key press sound and it sounds, not surprisingly, like a "Tink." I've heard that sq_beep-beep.caf is the charging sound, but idk the difference between sq_x and x.

Edit: I just found this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=632758