UITableView Editing problem - Data deletes, but rows don't! I can't figure it out!

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ethana, Aug 11, 2008.

1. ethana macrumors 6502a

Ok, I have a a UITableView and it's being populated with data from a SQLite database. Just as an example, my TableView has three rows and looks like this when it's loaded initially:

Hats
    Coats
    Shirts

Then when I click the Edit button, the minus sign comes up and they look like this:

- Hats
    - Coats
    - Shirts

When I click the - sign next to Coats, the following code runs:
    Code:
    - (void)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView 
    commitEditingStyle:(UITableViewCellEditingStyle)editingStyle 
    forRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath {

if (editingStyle == UITableViewCellEditingStyleDelete) {

// SQL "Delete" code goes here and it works. The item is deleted from my DB		

[self.tableView deleteRowsAtIndexPaths:[NSArray arrayWithObject:indexPath] 
    withRowAnimation:UITableViewRowAnimationFade];

}	
    }

Now here's the problem... my Coats item gets deleted, and Shirts bumps up into its place. But Shirts also appears right under it as well. It looks like this:

- Hats
    - Shirts
    - Shirts

What the hell? Why does a second Shirts appear? Also, when I close my program and reopen it, its displayed correctly now, with just Hats and Shirts (2 items).

How do I make my TableView reload or refresh with the correct data? Why isn't the third row getting deleted?

Ethan

2. ethana thread starter macrumors 6502a

Found out that I wasn't removing my object from the array, so my 'tableView:numberOfRowsInSection:' count wasn't working correctly, thus causing the problem.