Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larswik

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
I found this good tutorial http://vimeo.com/1655681 for table views but it was written for Xcode 3. in the begining it says to create a new file that is a UITableViewController subcalss but when I look for it in Xcode 4 it is not there, just the UIViewController subclass

When I try to create a object
Code:
RootViewController *tempRootViewController = [[RootViewController alloc] initWithStyle......
The initWithStyle is not an option since it is just a UIViewController subclass.

How do I resolve this in Xcode 4 so I can keep following the tutorial?

jiminaus

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Sydney
Are you really asking this question Lars? Stop and think. How do you specify what the superclass of a class is? How would change what the superclass of a class is?

larswik

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Ya know Jim, I seem to post these questions and then I come up with the answer. I was about to post I found it and you beat me to it. I can look for hours and hours and not find the answer. I then post for help here and 5 minutes later I have my 'Duh' moment as I discover the answer. Once I started thinking of the word subclass it hit me.

Sorry for the bother.

jiminaus

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Sydney
Sorry, I was overly harsh. It's the water-cooler effect (not in the advertising/marketing sense). The process of describing/explaining a problem to another person can very often be enough to discover the answer for yourself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.